[AudioI] octo

Alberto Novello albynovello at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:18:35 AEST 2020

Hi Matt, the new soundcard looks awesome does it have 2 inputs and 2
outputs or more?
I also would like to ask one more question about the OCTO, what are the
output levels? I'm trying to design my amplification circuit before I
receive it.
I need two channels at -5, +5V and 3 channels at 0, 5V
Thanks so much.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:42 PM Matt <matt at audioinjector.net> wrote:

> Sounds like an interesting way to control lasers !
>
> The octo base sound card does have DC output capability. The RCA
> connectors which ship with it have AC coupling caps on board, which would
> could potentially short out.
>
> There is an octo template here which shows you the output wiring from the
> base sound card. Once you receive your octo if you want to short the AC
> coupling caps, I can point out which ones they are. If you do short them
> out, then I don't take any responsibility in any way for the effect of the
> modifications you will conduct.
>
> Here is the octo template for your own designs if you want to make some :
>
> https://github.com/Audio-Injector/AudioInjector.Octo.template
>
> Check the pdf there :
>

> https://github.com/Audio-Injector/AudioInjector.Octo.template/blob/master/AudioInjector.Octo.sch.pdf
>
> The KiCad files give you a head start.
>
> Matt
>
> Check out our latest kickstarter :
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flatmax/audio-injector-isolated-dac-and-adc?ref=ppNew
>

> On 9/4/20 8:31 pm, Alberto Novello via People wrote:
>
> Hi I'm trying to develop an hardware for my laser show (www.jestern.com)
> that I control with audio. Right now is based on bela (bela.io) but I'm
> thinking of using Raspberry Pi because cheaper and has better quality in my
> opinion (bela has some aliasing frequency that I owuld have to remove with
> a bandpass filter). In particular I'm in need for a soundcard that has 5 or
> more outputs, is DC coupled and 96Khz sample rate.
> Is it possible to DC your output caps? Just bought one for testing
> prototyping.
> Yes one last thing can you send me the specs of the octo? I need the
> output voltage and input to design the rescaling circuit.
> Thanks
> --
>

> || | | ||| |  ||  || | ||||| || | || | ||| | ||||| | | ||| | |||| |  ||

> ALBERTO NOVELLO / JesterN
> video snippets: *instagram* <https://www.instagram.com/_jestern_/>
> av compositions: vimeo
> site: jestern.com
> shop: bandcamp <http://jestern.bandcamp.com>
> audio: soundcloud <http://soundcloud.com/jestern>
>

> || | | ||| |  ||  || | ||||| || | || | ||| | ||||| | | ||| | |||| |  ||

> If for any reason you wish not to receive any more messages from this
> email, please send an email with REMOVE as subject. I'm sorry for the
> inconvenience.
> Se per qualsiasi ragione non desideri ricevere piu' messaggi da questo
> indirizzo, mandami un messaggio con REMOVE nel soggetto. Mi scuso per il
> disturbo.
>
> --
> Check out our latest kickstarter :https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flatmax/audio-injector-isolated-dac-and-adc?ref=ppNew

disturbo. <http://vimeo.com/jestern>