[AudioI] high impedance guitar input with Octo RCA sound card

hugh crawford hugh at hughcrawford.com
Sat Dec 26 01:23:33 UTC 2020

The Octo RCA sound card supports six audio inputs and I would like to use
it and a Pi card for electric guitar signal processing preferably built
into the body of the guitar eventually but outboard is fine for now.

I am using passive high impedance guitar pickups. A coil of wire
wrapped around a magnet for each string.

It seems like an obvious application, and I would imagine that I am not the
first to try this. Does anyone have any experience with this? Some sort of
minimalist signal boosting / impedance matching / buffering perhaps?

I could make a balanced connection on the pickup side if that helps

Thanks
Hugh