[AI] [stereo-and-zero] No output and no input (#50)

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Thu Feb 13 08:54:48 AEDT 2020

Hi Robert,

Continuing the discussion form the github issue
(https://github.com/Audio-Injector/stereo-and-zero/issues/50) here.

I have pretty much the same settings as you, I've turned the
potentiometers all the way up (clockwise) and I can hear audio on the
headphone output.

You're saying you can't get input and output ?

For input, the potentiometers are also all the way up, In alsamixer, I
have set the "Input Mux" control to read Mic. I have enabled the control
labeled "Mic" to be on.

I then pipe arecord to aplay to can hear the mic in a pair of headphones :

$ arecord -f dat | aplay
Recording WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo
Playing WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo

Just to be sure, my mixer settings are the following :

$  amixer
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
   Capabilities: pvolume
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 127
   Mono:
   Front Left: Playback 103 [81%] [-18.00dB]
   Front Right: Playback 103 [81%] [-18.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Master Playback ZC',0
   Capabilities: pswitch
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Mono:
   Front Left: Playback [off]
   Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Sidetone',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: Playback 0 - 3
   Mono: Playback 3 [100%] [-6.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Line',0
   Capabilities: cswitch
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Front Left: Capture [off]
   Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
   Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined
   Capture channels: Mono
   Mono: Capture [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Boost',0
   Capabilities: volume volume-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Capture channels: Mono
   Limits: 0 - 1
   Mono: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Playback Deemphasis',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
   Capabilities: cvolume
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Capture 0 - 31
   Front Left: Capture 31 [100%] [12.00dB]
   Front Right: Capture 31 [100%] [12.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'ADC High Pass Filter',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Input Mux',0
   Capabilities: enum
   Items: 'Line In' 'Mic'
   Item0: 'Mic'
Simple mixer control 'Output Mixer HiFi',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Output Mixer Line Bypass',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Output Mixer Mic Sidetone',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Store DC Offset',0