[AudioI] Toslink input

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Fri Jul 24 01:06:13 UTC 2020

There are a few different approaches to multichannel output.

One approach is the Octo sound card with 8 outputs and 6 inputs. The
inputs can be time aligned in software to ensure that no channel
swapping occurs. It is assume this approach can also then be used to
ensure the outputs don't have channel swapping either. Some people have
reported methods to ensure there is no output channel swapping based on
using a jackd subsystem at startup and never stopping it.

Another approach is to use one Pi as the I2S bus owner - doing all of
the clocking. Then you can have one Pi per TDM slot. For example, the
one sound card can dump I2S input which all Pi can read. Each Pi can
then do the processing and do stereo output.

Matt