[AudioI] Toslink input

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Sat Jul 25 22:58:21 UTC 2020

On 25/7/20 9:28 am, Peter Heydenrych via People wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> My specific application (speaker crossover) is to take a digital
> stereo signal from a Toslink source, then apply software filtering in
> the Pi to output to two 4-way speakers (each speaker has a Tweeter,
> Midrange, Woofer and Subwoofer, each powered by its own amp).
>
> Your "multiple Pi" architecture can do this but would be hardware
> heavy. How big an issue is channel swapping?

The channel swapping issue has been reported solved when using jackd,
check here :
https://github.com/Audio-Injector/Octo/issues/1#issuecomment-455135061

I also have a software method for determining input channel alignment in
the process method here :

https://github.com/flatmax/gtkiostream/blob/master/test/ALSAFullDuplexMinScan.C#L40

I would like to hear from people about whether the input channel
alignment method can help to align output channels. I assume it will,
however haven't spent the time testing and observing.

Matt

Join the community discussion forum :