[AudioI] Fwd: help with arecord on raspberry pi 4 model B

people at lists.audioinjector.net people at lists.audioinjector.net
Tue Mar 17 11:23:02 AEDT 2020

Yes indeed,

Back in November 2017 patches were made to the Raspberry Pi's I2S driver
which made it impossible to record less then 32kHz sample rates with the
wm8731 codec. You can see the patches here :

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commits/rpi-4.19.y/sound/soc/bcm/bcm2835-i2s.c

You can see a discussion on this here :

https://github.com/Audio-Injector/stereo-and-zero/issues/21

The simple work around is to resample in software using plughw like so :

arecord -D plughw:0 -r 8000 -c 2

--
Checkout the community email list :