[AudioI] single channel\single file\different recording using Sox

Coby Levy coby at vyco.co.il
Thu Mar 26 03:08:35 AEDT 2020

hi
i want to record a single channel to a single file, using sox.
the purpose of the recording is sound detection,
so if someone is speaking - I would like to record it to a file, without
the long pauses.

nowadays im using 6 usb<>audio devices with the command:
sox -t alsa hw:0,0 file1.wav silence 1 0.2 5% 1 5.0 5% #silence command
only passes detected audio
sox -t alsa hw:1,0 file2.wav silence 1 0.2 5% 1 5.0 5%
sox -t alsa hw:2,0 file3.wav silence 1 0.2 5% 1 5.0 5%
etc...

but i couldn't find anyway achieving the same using the Octo.

could someone please point me in the right direction?

tnx,
Coby.