[AudioI] Audio Latency Support

Michael H. Cook michaelhcook at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 18:25:15 UTC 2021

Greetings Folks! I have a Raspberry Pi 4 that I'm using as our family
"Media PC". This Pi is using the AudioInjector Stereo card (
http://www.audioinjector.net/rpi-hat). I chose it because it has both
stereo input and output. My signal flow is that we have a Sony TV with
Roku, FireStick, Chromecast all attached to the TV via HDMI. We then send
the audio signal out from the TV to the input of the Raspberry Pi. One
reason for this is that the volume control on the TV does not control the
Audio out on the TV. We then send the Audio Out signal from the Pi to a
stereo amp. This way we can remotely control volume using the app Unified
Remote on the Raspberry Pi and also stream music right from the Pi as it is
also running Logitech Media Server as a Music Streaming player. Whew!
That's the background of the setup.

My current problem is that when playing video on our Roku or Firestick,
etc, the audio lags behind the video. I suspect it's that it's perhaps
being "processed" by the pi. Would anyone know how to enable a Direct Thru
or Monitor Input setting on the Pi to decrease the audio latency? I'm sure
I'm leaving out many important details, so please feel free to "set me
straight" or ask for clarification. I'm truly grateful for your time and
support.