[AudioI] Pre-Amplifier for stereo condenser microphones

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Wed Mar 3 09:09:45 UTC 2021

Sounds remarkably atmospheric !

Hmmm ... the zero soundcard has a headphone connector onboard - it has
enough juice to run your phones. The electred microphone can be hacked
onto the empty microphone footprint. It has a roughly 2v bias voltage
present and takes signal over the same wire.  IF you need to go deeper
then that to split bias and signal out separately, I could probably
advise you - but don't want to take responsibility for and damage
created if something goes awry.

You can also use a separate 9v battery, however you will probably still
want to use the microphone footprint on the zero to jack in - because it
runs through an analogue mixer which has something like 30 dB of gain to
boost your mic. IF you want to take this approach you would have to
disconnect the bias voltage from the mic. connector first - so as not to
have two voltage sources fighting on the same line.

Matt

--
Checkout the community email list :