[AudioI] I/O Channel swapping using octo and SuperCollider

Rizzo Alberto alberto.rizzo0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:17:33 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm currently using my raspberry PI 4 with the octo soundcard for a
creative performance project that involves the use of several ultrasonic
transducers. (both speakers and mics)
I'm using Supercollider (and specifically the scsynth server), to process
and receive/playback the signal in real-time at 96 kHz (the application
deal with these tasks, no other parties involved).
Finally, I use jackd to route the audio buses of supercollider to the
physical output of the octo.
Every time I try to make it work, I notice channel swapping both on input
and output side (RCA).
The supercollider bus order is the same every time.
 I've read several topics on this problem, but it looks like this is
something different.
As far as I understand, Supercollider audio server works in a synchronous
way.
May you help me to find a cue to address this problem?

Here's some additional info.

I'm currently using this line in my /*boot/config.txt *file:

*dtoverlay=audioinjector-addons,non-stop-clocks=true*

*This is my .asoundrc file:*

pcm.!default {
#       type hw
#       card 0