[AudioI] OCTO soundcard DC input (+ some output measurements)

Staš Vrenko brivnik1 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 09:52:59 UTC 2021

 Thanks for fast response & succinct infos!

You're right about the ADC High-pass switch -
I managed to turn it off within alsamixer (already installed when using
Patchbox OS) -
took me a while to figure out "m" is used to toggle this (for future
reference/newbs like me)
The ADC channels differential vs. single-ended conversion type can also be
set in there.

Toggling the HP switch & using single-ended setting (/wo RCA breakouts)
we've measured that the card can capture
both AC and DC signals between 0-5V (cca. -200mV and +5.1V to be precise)
before clipping/distorting.
For future readers I'd emphasize what has already been mentioned - it makes
sense to be cautious when
handling the card (esp. around header pins) in order to avoid introducing
static electricity into it - I think we managed to destroy 2 inputs
by not being careful enough so they now only read a very noisy signal
(self-noise probably) and don't respond to external signals.

I will report with more on this when we unscramble the inputs - maybe this
pin-death turns out to be software related and they really aren't fried and
if not, it's
collateral for lessons learned :)

V V ned., 9. maj 2021 ob 23:32 je oseba Matt Flax <matt at audioinjector.net>