[AudioI] Audio Injector Isolated RCA Breakout Full Scale Input Amplitude

Matt Flax matt at audioinjector.net
Mon Oct 11 00:11:41 UTC 2021

Hi there,

There is a 3k Ohm resistor going to the input of the op-amp on the input
side of the RCA preamplifier. The input is unbalanced. The op-amp has a
3.57k Ohm resistor in negative feedback. Which is a gain of 3.57/3 =
1.19. Check here :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_amplifier#Inverting_amplifier

The total input stage has a 7.4 dB gain. That is equivalent to 2.34
times the input voltage (2.34=10^(7.4/20)). This is double the
unbalanced opamp's gain because we go from unbalanced to balanced
(differential) into the audio codec.

The maximum peak to peak input voltage would be roughly the same as the
output voltage.

That is around 2.1v peak to peak.

There are no AC coupling caps on the input. It can amplify from DC up.
The DC resistance is as mentioned above - the resistance seen for the
inverting opamp stage.

If people are interested, we can create a preamp together ?

Matt

--
Checkout the community email list :