[AudioI] Octo Sound Card

Matt Flax matt at audioinjector.net
Fri Apr 22 00:46:44 UTC 2022

Hi Sam,

Are you using multichannel inputs for estimating ANC ? How are you
measuring and designing your ANC filters ? What is your current approach
for C++ and audio ?

We can chat about your current approach for C++ and audio  if you like.

One approach I like to use is available in the gtkiostream software.
gtkiostream has some C++ abstractions of the ALSA libasound2 API :
https://github.com/flatmax/gtkiostream/tree/master/include/ALSA

Specifically for the Octo, there is also some code on ensuring channel
alignment on the input, it also demonstrates how to use the ALSA C++
classes :
https://github.com/flatmax/gtkiostream/blob/master/test/ALSAFullDuplexMinScan.C#L49-L77

gtkiostream also has FIR and IIR filters implemented :
https://github.com/flatmax/gtkiostream/tree/master/include/DSP

They may be of interest to you. An example of using the FIR class is in
this test file :
https://github.com/flatmax/gtkiostream/blob/master/test/FIRTest.C

An example of using the IIR class is in this file :
https://github.com/flatmax/gtkiostream/blob/master/test/IIRTest.C

Matt

--
Checkout the community email list :