[AudioI] AudioInjector Zero - rpi4

Tony Henrie tthenrie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 23:32:54 UTC 2022

I have been building a computer for my Dodge pickup, using Open Auto Pro. I started with a raspberrypi3b, but upgraded to a 4b. I was very pleased with the AudioInjector Zero until the raspberry pi organization and Open Auto Pro moved to PulseAudio, which caused problems with the AIZ. Using your help, I was able to get the card working satisfactorily. However after recent rpi updates, I cannot get the rpi to even find the AIZ at all. I have tried uninstalling PulseAudio, reinstalling the AIZ by re-downloading the Github repository and reinstalling using the prescribed scripts and no joy. Now I can’t even select the card in alsamixer, because the card cannot be found. Since PulseAudio seems to be the standard for Debian (upon which raspbian is based) and other linux distros now, and the AIZ “robust” implementation is not working at all on the Raspberrypi4, has there been any thought by AudioInjector to move toward PulseAudio…

Or am I going to need to look for another sound card for my truck computer.