[AudioI] Guitar Preamp for Isolated(Pro) soundcard

Ted Rippert ted.rippert at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:13:47 UTC 2022

Well, if it works, it works. I’m not any kind of expert in analog design, just trying to learn. In fact, it seems like a very good design in terms of designing a preamp board.

Can I ask about the output circuits in your designs? I think I understand how to deal with the filtering requirement on the input circuit in the codec data sheet, but the data sheet  just gives an example circuit for the output and some vague wording about compensating for the DAC without actual specs. That circuit looks a bit weird in terms of how unsymmetrical the filtering is on the differential channels. Do you just design a DC coupled version of that, or is there some underlying principle you use that gives you more freedom of design?

Thanks again,
Ted