[AudioI] Error for FullDuplex

Matt Flax matt at audioinjector.net
Tue May 10 21:45:59 UTC 2022

I think you're after pkg-config here.

For the particular library you're compiling against, if it has a pc file, then pkg-config will tell you the required preprocessor flags and linking libraries.

In your code you will need to include, something like this :

#include <ALSA/ALSA.H>

Then you can integrate the necessary preprocessor directives like so :

pkg-config --cflags gtkIOStream

If you an manually creating the Makefile and not using autotools Makefile.am nor the cmake equivalents, then you can manually do it like so :

g++ `pkg-config --cflags gtkIOStream`  fileName.C

Or you can put preprocessor directives and libraries on the same line :

g++ `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkIOStream` fileName.C

If you want to use autotools to build your project, then there is a preprepared autotools C++ project here : https://github.com/flatmax/Cplusplus

More specifically I've created a branch which integrates gtkIOStream into the autotools project :

https://github.com/flatmax/Cplusplus/tree/gtkIOStream

The include file tests for the inclusion of ALSA.H : https://github.com/flatmax/Cplusplus/blob/gtkIOStream/include/Test.H#L32

The src file tests for linking against libgtkiostream by instantiating Sox : https://github.com/flatmax/Cplusplus/blob/gtkIOStream/test/RunTest.C#L35

First start by confirming you can build it and run the test/RunTest output. Then integrate your code, sources into the src directory, includes in the include directory, tests in the test directory, applications in the applications directory.

I hope that helps.

Matt