[AudioI] Trouble with audio input on Octo

Chris Fernandez chris at hardline.io
Thu May 12 15:15:14 UTC 2022

Hi Matt,

The microphones I've been using do NOT have a preamplifier, as far as I can
tell. Here's a link to the microphones I bought, but I haven't been able to
find much technical documentation on them:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CPWWVNM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Would something like this require a preamplifier before it can connect to
the Octo?

With that said, I have also tried inputting audio from my phone to the
Octo, and still have not gotten any signal. I would think that even with a
very low amplitude signal, I'd see SOME kind of noise on the audio input if
it was configured correctly, rather than identical zero values every time.

     -Chris

Chris Fernandez
chris at hardline.io
518-242-6475