[AudioI] Fwd: Octo sound card on Raspberry pi3 B+ aarch64

Fabricio de Abreu Bozzi fabriciomtb at poli.ufrj.br
Tue Jul 11 00:55:12 UTC 2023

Hello,

My research group purchased an OctoSoundCard a few years ago that we have
been using for underwater acoustic applications. However, I would like to
do an installation from scratch on a 64bit system (aarch64). After some
research I performed the installation without errors and the card is
recognized. However, I'm having some issues reading the channels to a wave
file. I wonder if it is possible to use the Octo in this 64bit system.

I've been using the function "arecord -D plughw:CARD=audioinjectoroc,DEV=0
-f cd -c 1 -d 1 -r 96000 test.wav", which gives me an apparently swapped
binary signal. I also tried using jackd and ecasound: "ecasound -q -C
-f:s16_le,1,48000,i -i:jack,system:capture_3 -G:jack,,notransport
-f:s16_le,1,48000, i -o:test.wav" which gives me the same strange result. I
tried running examples from "gtkiostream ./test/ALSAFullDuplexMinScan" but
the output says "overrun occurred".
Please see the attached pdf where I show the installation procedure and the
results.

thanks in advance,

--
Fabricio Bozzi