[AudioI] Octo sound card on Raspberry pi3 B+ aarch64

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sat Jul 15 17:59:58 UTC 2023

Hi Rafael,

The sound file you sent in your previous message ("[AudioI] Distortion
in the sound of audio Injector octo") is horrible. Your problem could be
caused by a mismatch between the analog outputs of the Octo and the
analog inputs of your amplifier... If you lower the output volume of the
Octo, does it sound better? What kind of audio file and what software
are you using? It's difficult to help from email...

My solution was to fix a problem with the inputs (the outputs where
fine), but it may solve your problem too. Sound on Linux can be affected
by many things, like too much Desktop activity. Using a low latency
kernel and tuning the OS can help a lot. Using a realtime kernel for
ensuring realtime priorities of sound processing can help even more. Of
course it's easier to fix such problems with some experience of Linux;
explaining all the steps would be too long, so you can check the links I
sent, it worked for me...

Marc

P.S. I once visited UNAM and experienced the MUAC Sound Camera. :-)