[AudioI] Octocard not working

Holguin Daniel cicloide at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 19:59:15 UTC 2023

 Hi everyone.
I was able to get audio working on the Octocard. If you are curious.
I installed Index of /pub/raspberrypi/raspbian/images/raspbian-2018-11-15

|  |
Index of /pub/raspberrypi/raspbian/images/raspbian-2018-11-15

I followed some of the instructions at How to setup - AudioInjector Forums

|  |
How to setup - AudioInjector Forums

Then I did the manual process but I skept updating the kernel. If you update the kernel, it will be a too new of a version and audio and wireless interfaces would stop working.
No need to uninstall pulseaudio nor run the ~pi/.config/lxpanel/LXDE-pi/panels/panel command because the panel file doesn't exist in this version of OS.
So I just modified so the last two lines are:#dtparam=audio=ondtoverlay=audioinjector-addons
Then, I created the file /etc/asound.conf with the content:
pcm.!default {# type hw# card 0 type plug slave.pcm "anyChannelCount"}ctl.!default { type hw card 0}pcm.anyChannelCount { type route slave.pcm "hw:0" slave.channels 8; ttable { 0.0 1 1.1 1 2.2 1 3.3 1 4.4 1 5.5 1 6.6 1 7.7 1 }}ctl.anyChannelCount { type hw; card 0;}
Finally, I created the file ~/.asoundrc with the content:
pcm.!default {# type hw# card 0 type plug slave.pcm "anyChannelCount"}ctl.!default { type hw card 0}
After rebooting, the card is listed and I can play media files.
Somehow the multichannel media files I have are downmixed to mono or to the first two output channels. I will test with more in-depth channel patching. But it does work. I get audio and no noise.
Cheers,
Fausto Daniel