[AudioI] problems with audioinjector octo boise.

OGIS OatGrain-InnovationS ogis.eu at gmail.com
Sat May 13 20:06:48 UTC 2023

Hi,
I own two audioinjector octo-s.
In 2022,.*some months ago *I tested the signal to noise ratio  and  ground
noise
for empty, not attached devices I got the expected results better than -90dB
Now, in May 2023- best Imy results *are widely worse about  -*55dB !!!
It looks that I do no more  use the full resolution of  24 bits.

On *diyAudio* it  shows up to -95 dB
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/introducing-the-audio-injector.302508/post-5065706

REMARK: I use KDE5 plasma with Pulseaudio., same as in 2022
*QUESTION*: Are there known  problems with the 6.x.y kernels or has anybody
an  idea?
the last kernel was somethng around 5.1x.y

I* now use  kernel 6.2.1 (64bits)*
$uname -a
Linux pi4-injector-0 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr  3 17:24:16 BST
2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
TWO FINDINGS:
A)
Recording audio via Audacity I get obvious crappy signals (see attachments.)
the input  signal should be that large and somehow wit digital steps?

Using  gnuradio to calculate a  FFT-analysed  spectrum I get distortion
and noise between frequencies below  22kHz above the distortion strangely
is reduced .
I tried sampling at 48kHz, 96kHz and even the highest 192kHz.
Same results for all of Rates.!!!
stangel: Ouside the 22kHz bandwidth, the signal /nose is almost as
expected.
The card seems to be detected properly.

I  attached the *audacity-recordin*g, the *gnuradio spectrum *and
 the  result of *alsa-info*. and my */boot/config.txt*
Anybody any Idea?

$play -l
card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM
i2s-hifi-0]
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM
i2s-hifi-0]
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: audioinjectoroc [audioinjector-octo-soundcard], device 0:
AudioInject-HIFI cs42448-0 [AudioInject-HIFI cs42448-0]
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

----------------- here is my /etc/asound.conf

pcm.octo {
    type route
    slave{
     type lfloat             # Linear<->Float conversion PCM
        slave {                 # Slave definition
            pcm "plughw:CARD=audioinjectoroc"
            format s24le
        }

        channels 8
    }
    ttable {
           0.0 1
           1.1 1
           2.2 1
           3.3 1
           4.4 1
           5.5 1
           6.6 1
           7.7 1
    }
    hint {
        show {
           @func refer
           name defaults.namehint.extended
        }
        description "AudioInjector Octo Card (upto 6 channels input, upto 8
channels output)"
    }
}

ctl.octo {