[AudioI] mute function AudioInjector Zero

Tony Henrie tthenrie at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 04:37:05 AEST 2020

Glad to see there is still support help for these great sound cards. I was worried when the forum disappeared.

my setup:

Raspberrypi 4B
AudioInjector Zero sound card
Raspbian Buster with Openautopro

Issue:  no mute functionality

Openautopro is a program that allows a raspberry pi to be used as a head unit in a vehicle with various functions available, such as compatibility with Android Auto. I am an Apple user, so I have no Android Auto and no mirroring function, but I still get hands-free calling, bluetooth music, navigation, etc.  I am having an issue that I believe is related to the AudioInjector driver software.

I have no mute function for the sound card in either Raspbian or OAP. I am able to use the volume slider functions in both Raspbian and OAP via Alsa Mixer configuration, but when the AudioInjector Zero sound card is selected as the Master, the mute buttons in both Raspbian and OAP do not function and are greyed-out. While the Alsa Mixer window is open, the Alsa mute function works, but once the window is closed, mute does not function and is not even offered in Raspbian or OAP.

Therefore, when I receive a phone call while music is playing, the sound does not mute and I have no means of muting it without actually touching the screen and sliding the volume down, which sort of defeats the “hands-free” functions.

Ideally, the music would automatically mute when the phone is in use, however, that is a functionality of the operating system, I’m sure. But, the mute function itself, I believe must be supported in the sound card’s driver to enable that. Am I right?

If so, please consider this a function request for consideration for a driver update.

Thanks.

Tony