[AudioI] AUDIO INJECTOR STEREO SOUND CARD works on RASPBERRY pi 4b with Raspbian buster ?

Esteban Mocetti emocetti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:44:14 UTC 2020

Since ALSA mixer commands are not accessible from Linux Raspbian Buster in
RPi4b, I saw that they are replaced by  *PulseAudio,* a
network-capable sound server program distributed via the freedesktop.org
 project.
In broad terms I understand ALSA is a kernel subsystem that provides the
sound hardware driver, and PulseAudio is the interface engine between
Applications and ALSA. In a typical installation scenario under Linux, the
user configures ALSA to use a virtual device provided by PulseAudio. Thus,
applications using ALSA will output sound to PulseAudio, which then uses
ALSA itself to access the real sound card. PulseAudio also provides its own
native interface to applications that want to support PulseAudio directly,
as well as a legacy interface for ESD applications, making it suitable as a
drop-in replacement for ESD. I cannot find ALSA mixer commands in raspbian
buster, that is because they are not there, so the sound uses pulseaudio
directly ? or ALSA is running behind pulse audio?

So, in this context.... Audio Injector Stereo Sound Card... with Raspbian
buster on RPi4b.. will still work with pulseaudio directly or only with
ALSA mixer behind?, I need to reinstall ALSA mixer to recognize and access
the sound card parameters?, or I can access and control sound card
with ALSA behind pulse audio in some form?. Is it possible to manage sound
cards via pulseaudio directly?. Has anyone tested this issue? Do I need to
card?
A lot of questions.. excuse me....
Please, if anyone could help me..., it will be really important for a music
project with my son at school now, so it will affect the decision to buy 5
to 10 sound stereo cards from audio injector. I am from Argentina,  sorry
for my english since it is not my native language.
Thank you very much in advance to everyone.
Esteban.