[AudioI] Microphone preamplifier boards

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Wed Jul 15 05:17:51 UTC 2020

Does anyone have any ideas for what would be good on a microphone
preamplifier board ?

You see, the new breakout standard for preamplifiers or "skins" allows
reusable and interchangeable preamplifier boards :
https://github.com/Audio-Injector/AudioInjector-Analogue-Breakout-Standard

I have had an idea for two types of microphone preamplifier boards :

* A preamp with electret microphones onboard going ultrasonic.

* A preamp which is capable of doing dynamic microphones as well as
phantom powered condenser microphones.

I would imagine around 30 to 40 dB of gain would be required for the
microphones.

There are a few questions. What sort of things are you looking for in a
microphone preamplifier ? For the outputs, do you want RCA or XLR ?

Matt

--
Checkout the community email list :