[AudioI] help getting ultra 2 to work

l t macbookforlarry at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:07:23 AEST 2020

Hello,

I just built my ultra 2. Unfortunately, I soldered on a male 40 pin adapter
the wrong way (long pins on the underside of the board), and had a lot of
trouble removing it to reverse it. Some pads lifted. I was able to
re-solder it on the other side, and get the raspberry pi to detect the
card. When I went to record using the "rec" command, I got a sinc error. No
matter the value I put in, it would say it was a bad parameter for sinc.

Even worse, I thought that this was due to having the 40 pin cable
backwards on the pi, and when I reversed it, the magic smoke got let out.
After putting the cable back to how it was the first time, the pi still
detects the card, but just hangs. It would just say "recording" (in
audacity) and do nothing. No time would advance.

Is there any way to test the card to see how damaged it is? Thanks for your
help in advance!

Larry