[AudioI] Total newbie with Pi and audioinjector stereo soundcard

TBJ1118 truselmassimo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 01:31:03 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I am a neuroscience researcher and a total newbie with Pi.
I am trying to build a stand-alone birdsong recognition platform that
employs a github script I found, similarly to what Shazam does with songs.
I purchased the audioinjector stereo soundcard for my raspberry pi3, I
installed it and followed the great tutorial on github. However, while I
hear sound from headphones connected through the jack, I haven't been able
to test the microphone. I've tried with "arecord" following various
youtube tutorials as well, but I haven't had any luck. I see clicking on
the speaker icon in the desktop, top right, that
audioinjector-pi-soundcard is both setup as audio outputs and audio inputs,
so apparently it is installed. I have clicked (in Input Device Options) to
enable Mic (capture) as I thought that would have allowed me to record
through the built-in microphone, but it is not enough to actually allow me
to record.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!