[AudioI] zero soundcard with phantom power

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Sun Sep 20 07:20:28 UTC 2020

This is all good information. I got a bit more to add.

The zero will give you power for an electret capsule microphone -
typically < 3V power.

The analogue breakout standard (AI-ABS) implements the 48V phantom power
for you :
https://github.com/Audio-Injector/AudioInjector-Analogue-Breakout-Standard

https://github.com/Audio-Injector/AudioInjector-Analogue-Breakout-Standard/blob/master/AudioInjectorAnaBreakStdv1.pdf

The power header gives > 48V power. You will want to regulate this with
a 48 V linear regulator before using it.

Our first soundcard to implement the AI-ABS is the Isolated soundcard
(already available for purchase). You can design a preamplifier for this
board which uses the phantom power. Alternatively you can wait for a
later preamplifier release which will implement an optional phantom
powered microphone preamplifier.

Let us know which direction you plan to go, plenty of Audio Injectors
here with great suggestions and willing to help.
Matt