[AudioI] zero soundcard with phantom power

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Mon Sep 21 10:40:33 UTC 2020

On 21/9/20 3:36 am, Serge Ortega via People wrote:
> Good morning all
>
> Many thanks to all for your very informative answers.
> My goal is to develop a small wifi intercom system with headsets based
> on raspberry Zero. I am thinking of powering them with LiPo batteries
> or 9V batteries ... I am in the process of designing.
> There are different models of headsets, some dynamic and others
> static, hence the need to use a phantom power supply of at least 12V.
> If you have any suggestions to help me develop this project, thank you
> very much.
> In terms of development, I am thinking of using gstreamer: what do you
> say?

I haven't used gstreamer. Some people like to use the rtsp protocol
because it is low latency. I think gstreamer will implement that. There
is also VLC and ffmpeg (avconv).

You may be interested in this old project which implemented half duplex
communications : https://github.com/flatmax/halfDuplex

It is implemented in bash and uses ssh, ffmpeg and screen. It may need
some updating to work - for example it still uses ifconfig rather then
the ip command.

> Matt, I congratulate you on the development of your products. Your
> offer is already very complete and geared towards "professional"
> equipment. Thank you so much !

Thank you !