[AudioI] jackd and starting transport from the command line

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 10:31:13 UTC 2021

Matt,

The simplest way of running it as a system service (guessing that's what
you're actually getting at?) is with a systemd unit file:

=== /etc/systemd/system/jackd.service ====

[Unit]
Description=JACK Server daemon

[Service]
Restart=always
RestartSec=5
ExecStart=/usr/bin/jackd -d alsa -r 48000 -i 2 -o 2

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart jackd

For the 'jack_load netmanager' try adding

ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 2
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/jack_load netmanager -i -c

Each command needs the /full/path/to/binary with systemd :)

Cheers,
Gavin.