[AudioI] Issues with Audio Injector Stereo and various versions of Raspberry Pi

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Fri Feb 26 01:43:35 UTC 2021

I'm having a go at this. I can see that RaspbianOS has a new default
alsa setup - they do tend to get very creative with audio in a
non-robust fashion! When I look at alsamixer, I can see that they have
setup an arbitrary sound card as the default - that will not work for us.

I start alsamixer from the command line, select the audio injector card
by pressing "F6" and using the arrow keys.

I then enable the "Output Mixer HiFi" setting.

I then play and can hear the audio through the headphones.

Does this help you at all ?

Another way to do this is to use amixer like so :

amixer -Dhw:0 sset 'Output Mixer HiFi' on

Here is how I replicated this problem I saw ...

I have a Pi 4, with the latest "Raspberry Pi OS with desktop" v5.4, Jan
11th 2021.

Wrote to an sdcard. created an empty file /boot/ssh.

Copy my key to the pi : ssh-copy-id pi at raspberrypi.local
ssh to the pi : ssh pi at raspberrypi.local

Following the manual setup method from here :

https://github.com/Audio-Injector/stereo-and-zero

I didn't run rpi-update as it is a recent os.

Rebooted.

Installed sox :

sudo apt install libsox-fmt-all sox

Got an audio file and converted it to wav :

wget https://ogg.jamendo.com/download/track/206407/ogg1/ -O audio.ogg

sox audio.ogg audio.wav

alsamixer # chose the non default soundcard and enabled the "output
mixer hifi" control.

aplay audio.wav

now it works !

--