[AudioI] Which Audio Injector for Low latency microphone input?

audioinjector.net at yapsr.nl audioinjector.net at yapsr.nl
Mon Jan 4 12:14:20 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am looking for an affordable hardware device that can be used as a
simple but good quality Jamulus <https://jamulus.io/> client for around
10 non-tech-savvy members of a choir, here in the Netherlands.

A Raspberry Pi 3 (or 4) would mainly run the Jamulus software client and
manage the network traffic.

Most important requirements for the audio processing are:

 1. mono input to record singing, dynamic microphone (1/4" or 3.5mm jack
    or XLR, but NOT USB)
 2. stereo output for headphones (1/4" or 3.5mm jack)
 3. low latency audio processing (10ms or less)
 4. 16bit or 24bit depth
 5. 48kHz sample rate
 6. low background noise

Optional requirements:

 1. Input gain control for microphone
 2. Output volume control for headphones

Could you advise on a Audio injector board for this purpose that is
currently available?

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 available for testing purposes. But a Raspberry
Pi 4 would be fine too.

Jasper