[AudioI] Audio hardware incl preamp for multichannel hydrophone recording

NEW adi.ibanez@freestyleair.com adi.ibanez at freestyleair.com
Tue Jul 13 09:01:49 UTC 2021

Hi

My goal is to record multichannel hydrophone audio. Preferably on a platform where I can easily deploy software to analyze / interpret audio. Raspberry pi would fit that description and I have some experience there working with a single cheap usb microphone.
But Connecting several preamps and hydrophones without introducing lots of noise is a whole different level for me.

I have been using h6 zoom recorders before with aquarian audio hydrophones ( https://www.aquarianaudio.com/h2a-xlr-hydrophone.html phantom powered ). Also I have used a single hydrophone ( https://www.aquarianaudio.com/h1c-hydrophone.html ) connected to a https://www.aquarianaudio.com/pa4.html?variation_id=95 and ending in a video camera audio input

I was wondering if audioinjector hardware could help me to simplify such a setup? Preferably by providing preamplification and audio interface in a well integrated and noise reduced package.
Ultimately I’m aiming at recording 4 synchronized channels but I would be more than happy to start with 2.

Any recommendations?
I have seen some of your products with “integrated” preamps ( aka Audio Injector analogue breakout standard headers <https://github.com/Audio-Injector/AudioInjector-Analogue-Breakout-Standard> ). Is this something that could be integrated with eg. the Octo soundcard?

Best regards