[AudioI] Audio hardware incl preamp for multichannel hydrophone recording

Matt Flax matt at audioinjector.net
Tue Jul 13 09:48:54 UTC 2021

Hi,

Sounds like a great focus.

We are in design for phantom powered microphone preamps at the moment. These preamplifiers will be AI-ABS compatible - they will fit the Isolated soundcad and the Professional (Pro) soundcards which are soon to ship. However those soundcards are stereo souncards. The nice thing about the Pro's phantom line is that it sits at 50V, so once you clean that up a little its phantom power line will be comfortably within the phantom 48v specification.

The octo will do audio input reliably and are suitable for multichannel input. They provide a header with 5V power. A step-up power supply can be designed for the Octo's analogue header to generate not only phantom 48v power but also opeartional amplifier power lines.

How low is the noise floor on the hydraphones ? Typically noise floors for microphones are pretty high.

Matt