[AudioI] Audio Injector Zero

Bill Kunkle bk1896 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 21:30:55 UTC 2021

I have been using a Raspberry Pi with a USB sound card to monitor very low
frequency signals (+/- 25 kHz) for sudden ionospheric disturbances.  It
receives the VLF signals from an antenna which is connected to a preamp
which then sends the signal to the microphone input of the sound card.
This is the SuperSID program as explained here:
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/SID/sidmonitor/

The sound card needs to be capable of a 96000 Hz sample rate.

I decided to switch to an Audio Injector Zero that I had purchased and it
seems to work far better than the USB sound card.  I have the signal from
the preamp connected to the microphone input on the Zero (circle on the
board).  I am curious as to why the strength of the signal that is visible
on the Pi does not change when I decrease the level under Capture in the
alsamixer.  Also, the control for Mic Boost can only be changed to full on
or full off using the arrow keys.

Just curious as to why this is.  It seems to be working very well.
[image: Zero.PNG]