[AudioI] Phantom powered inputs XLR pre-amplifier

Samir Sabljic samir.sabljic at datacadabra.nl
Thu Apr 21 12:17:43 UTC 2022

Good afternoon,

For a project in Datacadabra we are working with hydrophones. The goal is
to classify sounds in water using hydrophones. We would like to connect 2
hydrophones to the XLR preamplifier from Flatmax. The hydrophones we intend
to use are the H2A-XLR Hydrophones from Aquarian Hydrophones. This is a
link to the hydrophones:
https://www.aquarianaudio.com/h2a-xlr-hydrophone.html

One of the requirements for powering these microphones is phantom power.
Does the XLR pre-amplifier provide phantom power, so we can connect these
microphones to the XLR pre-amplifier, and then to a pro sound card (also
from Flatmax) and raspberry pi?

Kindly waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Samir Sabljic