[AudioI] Octo: easiest way to perform a basic demonstration of all inputs and outputs

Chris Fernandez chris at hardline.io
Fri Apr 22 18:58:58 UTC 2022

Hello,

I recently purchased an Octo and I am trying to demonstrate its
capabilities. I have connected it to a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with a fresh
install of Raspbian (v11). I've gone through the GitHub octo installation
instructions, and I have been able to play 1x audio output from the
AudioInjector card. Sound quality is good!

However, I am struggling to get more than one audio output working at a
time. I've tried opening multiple instances of VLC media player to play two
different audio files. This works if I send one audio stream to the
AudioInjector, and another to HDMI. However, the AudioInjector is only
showing up as a single audio sink. I don't see how I can send other audio
streams to the other channels of the AudioInjector.

I have spent a few days looking into this, and playing around with aplay
and other Asla tools. No luck for me so far.

Is the basic installation from GitHub intended to default to a 1x output
mode? Are there other steps I need to do to enable multiple independent
outputs? Is there something like a tutorial or demo that I could use to
validate the hardware and test operation with 6x inputs and 8x outputs?
What is the easiest way to test the full functionality of the Octo board?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

     -Chris

--
Chris Fernandez
chris at hardline.io