[AudioI] stereo sound card on RPi4

Bill Kunkle bk1896 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:40:19 UTC 2022

Matt,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the stereo sound card and SD card with the OS were transferred from
the RPi3 to the RPi4.  The RPi3 uses a 2.5 amp power supply.  The RPi4 uses
a 3.0 amp power supply.  So the power supplies were different for each
computer.

The bcm2835 has been blacklisted.  The stereo sound card is the only one
that shows up using aplay -l

It appears that most of the noise is being created by the RPi4 power
supply.  I used a micro USB to USB-C converter to connect the RPi3 power
supply to the RPi4 and here is the result - see image.

The tests were done using WiFi.  At some point I will do another test with
the RPi4 connected to ethernet to rule out any noise from the WiFi on the
board.

Thanks for your help.

[image: RPi4 stereo with RPi3 supply.JPG]