[AudioI] stereo sound card on RPi4

Matt Flax matt at audioinjector.net
Mon Jan 17 23:52:43 UTC 2022

ok, that looks a little better, but still seems to be some spurious noise below the bandwidth of interest (two vertical red lines).

On 18/1/22 10:40 am, Bill Kunkle wrote:

Matt,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the stereo sound card and SD card with the OS were transferred from the RPi3 to the RPi4.  The RPi3 uses a 2.5 amp power supply.  The RPi4 uses a 3.0 amp power supply.  So the power supplies were different for each computer.

The bcm2835 has been blacklisted.  The stereo sound card is the only one that shows up using aplay -l

It appears that most of the noise is being created by the RPi4 power supply.  I used a micro USB to USB-C converter to connect the RPi3 power supply to the RPi4 and here is the result - see image.

The tests were done using WiFi.  At some point I will do another test with the RPi4 connected to ethernet to rule out any noise from the WiFi on the board.

Thanks for your help.