[AudioI] Hearing aids project

Emmanuel Perez emmanuelperezdu69 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:32:25 UTC 2022

Hello AI community 🙂

I'm hard of hearing and I wanna make hearing aids ( very loud because I've
-80 dB hearing loss each ear ).

It seems it's possible to build that with a Raspberry.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about electronics, so may someone help me
to choose the right components in order to build a hearing aid please ?

Pi 3 + ultarsound card seem accurate. Do I need a DAC , DCA and DSP ?
The preamp provided into the ultra 2 sound card works for output only?
Do I need a phono amp ?
Can I add more components ?
I'm quite confused...

I would like a device which can :
- capture, DSP , reproduce in less than 5 ms
- able to work on ultra HD sound
- allow to equalize the signal with parametric equalizer and another
effects if needed
- One way each ear ( different hearing profile between right and left )

2 Microphones will be miniatures.
IEMs will be low impedance ( nearly 16 ohms ).
The volume I need is very loud, for example I listen to music with FiiO Q3
DAC ( which drives 300 ohms headphones ) with 16 ohms IEMs and I turn the
volume to 80%.

A big thank in advance for your enlightenments 🙂