[AudioI] Pins used by the Octo

Raphaël Isvelin raphael.isvelin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 03:43:23 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I would like to know the pins used by the Octo, to be able to extract it
from the Pi (I want to cool it down better) without having to use a bulky
GPIO header.
I've searched around, including this page
<http://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php@t=1317.html> and others (e.g.
another Audio Injector sound card that's on pinout.xyz), however, it hasn't
worked for me: after many attempts, my Pi still isn't detecting the sound
card when doing it like that. And when I switch back to just connecting it
as a hat, it works directly, every time.

As you can see (attachment), I'm connecting 14 pins: 2, 3, 5, 18, 19, 20,
21, 22, 23, 24, 27, GND, 3.3V, 5V.
Some seem to be floating a bit on Octo's side, but I've continuity-tested
every connection.
Also tried adding some pins, first based on what I could see on the PCB,
then basically everything, but still didn't work (board got pretty crowded,
I suppose some connections popped out sneakily).
Also tried connecting it as a hat, then connecting to GND pretty much
everything except the 14 pins above, and after some fight with the UART
pins and CE0, it was working – much didn't help me for the other way around.

I'm really puzzled by that. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank
you ^.^

Raphaël

PS: I've never used a mailing list before – apologies if I'm using the
system incorrectly :')