[AudioI] Preorder questions octo sound card

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Tue Apr 28 07:44:42 AEST 2020

On 28/4/20 5:18 am, Tobias L. via People wrote:
> Hi @all,
> this octo module sounds really interesting!
> But before send out my order I have some questions... maybe anyone can
> answer them.
> 1) Is it possible to use a stack of two (or more?) octo modules on one
> rPi 3 or 4 or only one?

The Octo uses all the I2S lines on the Pi's header. They aren't stackable.

> 2) How many channels can play different audio files (mp3 ?) on the
> same time without quality issues?

You can play out many files at the same time using the dmix ALSA plugin.

> 3) Is it possible to "forward" the sound of one or more input channels
> to one or multiple output channels?

You can use a loopback RCA cable ?

> 4) what is the recommended rPi version for best results ?

The I2S silicon is the same for all Pis. The Pi4 has more computational
power.

--
Our latest product launching now on Kickstarter :
https://bit.ly/2Qr1557