[AudioI] Isolated Audioinjector Question

Matt matt at audioinjector.net
Thu Dec 31 00:58:00 UTC 2020

Hi,

Great to hear that it sounds good.

Below are my output and input alsamixer screendshots for the Isolated
and Pro. soundcards. The Master output gain controls the level on the
output. The input has no gain in the audio codec.

The XLR preamplifier has 13 dB gain on the output (boosting the full
scale level to around +-10V). The input gain is -12.8 dB which takes a
high voltage XLR level and drops it around 4.4 times.

Is it possible that the signal being sent to the sound card is not loud
enough, so that when the XLR preamplifier drops the level, it reduces it
too much ?

I'm not familiar with the Arrakis ARC-8 radio mixing console. Can you
please explain a little about its output connections and signal levels ?

--
Checkout the community email list :